Recorded crime is down for the period 2012/2013, reflecting crime coming down across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Trends for overall crime show crime has been decreasing for a five-year period across the Force area.
Market Harborough Police is pleased to have been able to work with local people and partners to protect our communities, in turn resulting in fewer victims of crime.
2012/2013 End of Year Crime Statistics
All recorded crime reduced by 13.0%
- Assault with less serious Injury reduced by 22.1%
- Criminal Damage reduced by 18.4%
- Domestic Burglary reduced by 5.6%
- Serious Sexual offences reduced by 27.0%
- Serious Violent offences reduced by 36.4%
- Theft or unauthorised taking of a vehicle reduced by 40.6%
Anyone with information about crime and anti-social behaviour in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland can call Leicestershire Police by dialling 101* or can call Crimestoppers, which is free and anonymous, on 0800 555 111.
Please note some mobile phone service providers may charge for this call ** Please note there is a 15p flat fee for dialling 101 from landlines or mobile phones.
Inspector Paul Mckinder